Saturday, June 11

My take on Winter '11 trends (part one)

Every sphere of fashion has a very specific trend this Winter - this is my take on each of them.
Lets work our way from top-to-toe, leaving the BEST part for last ;)



Head wear: Its cold out and the perfect cure for bad hair days is now right on trend. Hats. Cute and embellished or plain and simple. Whatever your preference, there's a style to suit you. My favourite at the moment is the oversized "beanie".


    


Jackets/Coats: Possibly THE biggest trend this winter is, the Trench coat. Different lengths and fabrics for different figures, but if its a choice of only one,   it HAS to be camel and if you have the budget, Burberry!! It will last forever and its a classic cut, that won't date.


Pants/ Trousers: As much as I find them unflattering on my figure, wide-legged 70's inspired pants are making a come-back. On the right figure they can give the illusion of height as well as streamline the hips and legs. Solid colours are great for colour blocking and creating a statement. Very versatile, dress them down for weekend shopping with a cashmere jersey and clogs, or dress them up with a silk pussy-bow blouse and sleek courts. If however they seem slightly too simple for you, why don't you try the alternative, Harem pants, and depending on the fabric can also be worn at all occasions.





Shoes: WOW! There is such a variety of absolutely fabulous footwear, maybe I'm biased cos I plan my my outfits from my feet up. Have a good look and tell me there isn't a style that appeals to you!
1) Clogs - high yet comfy, slip-on, peep-toe, studded
2)Wedge boots - ankle, calf or knee-high, mostly lace-ups, in gorgeous colours
3)Military inspired ankle boots - think zips, laces, embellished buttons
4)Boots (general) - flat, heeled, riding boots, wellingtons (by Hunter),classic, menswear-inspired
My take on Winter '11 (part two)- accessories, bags, hair and make-up, coming soon.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment