Saturday, June 11

Forever in love!!

Last week while at work, typing on my new MacbookPro, my hands became very cold (due to the metal surface) and I decided it was 'bout high time to get some gloves to keep me warm, and at maximum efficiency, for work of course! ;)

Gloves, gloves, gloves...

Where to buy gloves that are stylish yet practical...hmmmm. Being attached to my laptop, I googled fingerless-gloves images. (needed to be able to type) To my surprise I saw the CUTEST pairs of gloves (plural) from Forever New. (See picture insert)
As anybody close to knows, my favourite shop at the moment is Forever New.

They have the most devine clothes at relatively affordable prices. Ok, maybe not "affordable", especially for students and people in their first job, BUT, the heart wants what the heart wants. The only catch is that because it is an internationally based label, their seasons and collections are not always in sync with ours. This made me worry that the SA stores wouldn't have the gloves I had seen.

So, on my way home I called the VNA store and asked if they had gloves in stock. They said they had just received stock and they had a wide selection!!! I literally made my fiancé stop my car in its tracks and aim it towards the store. Much to his dismay (his priority being food for supper), we went to the VNA, he double parked outside and as I got out he said " Only ONE pair of gloves and NOT more than R250!"..."Yes, yesyes" I said as i trailed off.

As I walked into the shop the wall of accessories immediately caught my eye. GLOVES!! Fingerless-GLOVES!! Different styles different colours. Needless to say, I stood infront of them for 25minutes trying to decide on only ONE pair. It was a toss up between 2 pairs, one pale pink and one camel, one pretty and one sparkly. With BOTH in hand and slightly over budget, I walked over to the point of sale with a guilty grin on my face. As I put the gloves down, the friendly assistant said "We have a special at the moment were if you buy TWO items from the wall you get an ADDITIONAL one for FREE!!!!!!!!" :) My guilt automatically vanished as I chose a pink and camel cashmere scarf to match my two pairs of gloves.

I was SOLDIt was fate.

Trying to convince my fiancé of this fate was a whole different story. But the tale ended with a happily ever after, warm fingers AND a warm neck!!  Have set my eyes on the next outfit I'd like from Forever New....
x

No comments:

Post a Comment